We are hopelessly addicted to the Chorizo Tacos at True Taco here in town. So of course we had to work out how to make it. I have to admit that ours are just as good as the "real" thing. They are pretty spicy with a really good tang which marries beautifully with the crunch of the onion and cilantro.
What you'll need:
- 2 pounds finely ground pork
- 4 tablespoons chile powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- corn tortillas - not the ones from the grocery store please!
- a sweet white onion, finely diced
- lime wedges
- Taco sauce - we like the Herdez Salsa for Tacos
Put a little unflavoured oil (we use sunflower) in a med-hot skillet and throw in your tortillas one at a time. Turn them when they start to brown. Do this with as many tortillas as you think you can eat without either embarassing yourself or becoming sick. For me it's about 4! Stack 'em up under some foil until they are done.
To serve, put a little meat, onion, cilantro and salsa on a tortilla and serve with a lime wedge.