When you cook a 21 lb turkey plus all the trimmings for 3 adults there are bound to be leftovers. In fact, boundless leftovers is a fairly apt description...
We always cook a really large bird because I love turkey and I love dreaming up new things to do with the leftovers. Here's a new post-holiday staple that is modified from Nigella Lawson's Feast cookbook. Basically, it's a coleslaw with a nam pla prik type dressing. Nam pla prik is a ubiquitous mix of fish sauce, lime and chilli that is found in Vietnam and Thailand.
What you'll need:
- 3 Tbs rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 Tbs Fish Sauce (Squid brand is the best, but any will do)
- 3 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 red birdseye chillis
- Cilantro - about 1/3 bunch, chopped
- 3 Spring Onions (green onions)
- Half a small Red Cabbage
- 4-5 Red Radishes
- 4-5 cups chopped turkey meat - white meat is perfect here because it will drink up the dressing!