I like to have mayo on hand. It's so handy for sandwiches (of course), but also things like my green potato salad. It even elevates plain boiled potatoes or veggie to the sublime.
This very handy jar is a Bonne Maman jam jar. The opening is wider than a mason jar so it's the perfect thing to scrape the mayo into. It'll keep in your fridge for a couple of weeks. Make sure you use organic eggs in this, preferably the farmer kind.
- 1 large egg (room temp makes for a thicker mayo, but out of the fridge is ok too)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- good grind of black pepper
- 1 tsp Keen's Powdered Mustard (the hot stuff)
- 1-2 cloves of peeled garlic (optional)
- 1/4c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1c neutral flavoured oil - I use organic Sunflower
- 3 Tbs Fresh lemon juice or rice vinegar