The pics from the great Mustache Bash are FINALLY done!
Even though the lead up was fairly stressful, I had a great time. I blogged about the invitations, goody bags, mustache crayons, party mix and inspiration, but here is the proof that it actually did happen!
Admittedly, I went a little overboard with the theme, but if you're going to get wet, you may as well go swimming!
Here's my take on the mini-bunting craze. Yup, mustaches! I just hot glued some die cuts to some bakers twine and suspended it between 2 straws.
The menu (for about 30 people!!) was:
- Chocolate Cake (also made a sheet cake because there were so many people)
- Popcorn in popcorn bags
- Asparagus and Zucchini Frittata
- Falafel with Tahini dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Watermelon in the shape of mustaches (cookie cutter)
- 2 types of mustache shaped cookies - I made some and a dear friend brought some. Her's were tastier
- Melting Moments (a delish Australian cookie, they melt in your mouth)
- Sandies, courtesy of Mark (Rachel's husband)
- Leb Bread chips - Lebanese bread brushed with EVOO, sprinkled with Lemon Pepper, then baked
- Party Mix
- Chocolate milk
- Various other soft drinks
...And here's the birthday boy, enjoying some falafel and chocolate cake. Mmmmm, good combo, Mum!